Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Christmas in Virginia 2008

We just got back two days ago from our two week trip to Virginia for Christmas. I feel like I have spent the last two days doing laundry and am still not caught up! We had a great time and did some fun things. We had a good Christmas with Scott's parents and family exchanging gifts and eating way too much food! I took way too many pictures as usual and am too lazy to do multiple blog postings about everything we did...so here's just a few...

While we were there we visited with my cousin Alan and his wife Jana and their 5 (soon to be 6) kids... So together all nine of our kids had a blast playing together. We also visited with my old college roommate from BYU, Audrey, and her kids. Ironically Audrey and Alan both live in Fairfax and actually go to church together and their kids share primary classes and things:) So our three families went to the air and space museum in Washington D.C. which was great and the kids really loved. We were quite a sight trying to keep all 11 of our kids going in the same direction:)

We also visited with some of Scott's old friends from highschool that he went to church with as well. Lots of fun seeing them again:)

We also visited a potato chip factory where we took a tour to see how potato chips are made (which the boys thought was so cool:)

It was a good trip and fun to see lots of family and friends. I also love this time of the year (I'm weird I know)...when things get back to normal routines again and I can hibernate in the house for a while playing board games and reading with the kids and just relaxing after the business of the holidays:) Happy New Year 2009 everyone:)





2 comments:

  1. Welcome back! We missed you guys! I always need a vaction when i get back from vacation! Too much work! See ya soon! ...alie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you are back to your old blogging self. LOL. I agree, December is awesome with the holidays and everything, but I've enjoyed reclaiming my time and focusing on new priorities and not running around with my head cut off. Glad you had a nice trip and so much fun with family & friends!

    ReplyDelete