I posted these on Facebook after being "tagged" by some friends to write 25 Random things about me...so I cut and pasted them here just for fun...It was hard to think of things that some people might not know about me...but I always like doing these cheesy little things:)...so here it is...my deep, dark secrets revealed!!
1. Our family adopted my sister, Tami, when I was 16 years old. Love her!! Long story...maybe I'll do a post on my blog about it sometime:)
2. The most physically adventurous thing I've ever done was to bungee jump by my feet in college...exhilarating! Have the video to prove it!
3. I cannot go to bed until every stitch of laundry is done and every dish is done and everything is put away! I'm a constant tidier and obsess about eliminating clutter and keeping organized.
4. I don't like to talk on the phone and rarely answer my home phone or even check who's calling. I do however love to e-mail, get messages on my blog and facebook...and love hanging out with people in person. I think my phobia of answering the phone stems from my inability to say no if I'm asked to do something...I don't like to be caught off guard...so therefore I also don't like when people stop by my house unannounced.
5. With my first set of twins, the day I found out I was having two boys I came home and cried because I was hoping for at least one of them to be a girl. Of course I love my boys to pieces, just have always had a longing for a girl I suppose. Before we conceived our second set of twins, I prayed for months to have a daughter...and we did:) (shallow I know...but I'm sharing all my secrets here:)
6. I started out college majoring in physical therapy...then switched to education, however I wish now that I would have become a labor and delivery nurse...I'm so interested in women's health, pregnancy, babies, etc. I have a Master's Degree in Elementary Ed.
7. I function on very little sleep...I usually go to bed between 2-3am and get up around 8am every day (waking up a few times each night to nurse my babies:). I do this because I want peaceful time to myself:) I haven't slept 8 straight hours in almost 5 years.
8. I plan to nurse my babies til they are two, but tell everyone 18 months so they don't think I'm too weird:) They are my last babies, so I'm in no rush to stop.
9. I write almost EVERYTHING down that I do each day and look at my planner/calendar about 50 times a day...I love checking off things...makes me feel accomplished (weird I know).
10. I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. My Faith, Family, and Friends are the most important things in my lfe. I'd like to share more about my religion with friends, but often get nervous talking about it because of what others might think.
11. We had to use fertility drugs to get pregnant because I have polycystic ovaries.
12. I weigh almost 40 pounds less than I did 5 years ago. I want to lose about 30 more:) My cholesterol went from 245 to 201:)
13. About once a week I go to Costco and go around the whole store just to try all the samples and feed my kids lunch. Costco is one of the few places that all four of my kids fit in the cart!
14. In college, I had a running list of all the guys I went on dates with and a rating system.
15. When I was in second grade, my mom was pregnant with my brother. I told my teacher and the whole class she had had the baby and that it was a girl (just to get attention)...later that week my mom went in for parent-teacher conferences (still fully pregnant)...that was my first lesson on always telling the truth!
16. I'm a Republican but don't like George Bush. I went to Mitt Romney's announcement that he was running for president...I was hoping he would win:(
17. I rarely go anywhere without makeup...not because I'm vain, but because I'm self-consious without it:)
18. I would really like to move to another state sometime and have a new adventure since I've lived in MI most of my life.
19. While attending my friend and team teacher's wedding two years ago, I walked into the country club and my skirt fell straight to the ground!...my most embarrassing moment by far!
20. My main guilt usually comes from letting my kids watch too much tv, eat too much junkfood, or being impatient with my kids...I feel guilty about my shortcomings as a mother...that my kids are being shortchanged because I am stretched too thin with four little ones at home.
21. I was addicted to Coke and Pepsi in a major way and recently gave it up...at the price of a week of headaches and vomiting.
22. My favorite ways to relax are taking a bath and reading a book, getting on the computer, shopping, getting together with friends and family, and going out to dinner or a movie with Scott.
23. I've been to all but 4 states. (haven't been to Oregon, Washington, Alaska, or Louisiana)
24. Loves when Scott brushes my hair and would prefer this over a massage any day.
25. I have ugly, crooked toes:)
Now...I tag all of you who are reading my blog to post your "25 Random Things":) Have Fun!!
Basal not Basil
5 months ago