Wednesday, January 28, 2009

My Little Studmuffins:)...and....I Love Sundays!

Ok...I think I'm officially having a blog-a-thon tonight! I seem to go in phases with blogging...it's either feast or famine! Now that I've gotten started tonight, I keep thinking of new things to blog about...I'll try to space it out from now on:)

Anyways, Here's a picture of Logan and Tanner wearing their new white shirts and ties from Christmas...thanks Mom! They are perfect! They wore them Sunday for the first time and I thought they might be annoyed since ties and white shirts are more restrictive...but they were soooo excited! They kept saying how they were like Daddy. Scott talked to them about the significance of wearing a white shirt in doing their priesthood duties for church and how they are "practicing" wearing a white shirt and tie for when they will pass, prepare, and bless the sacrament as well as when they are missionaries. Scott is going to try to find his old missionary badges for them to wear next Sunday:) They are my little future missionaries and stud muffins:)

I also wanted to say how much I love Sundays now! We have morning church this year and it has made all the difference. See, there is a Howell congregation and a Brighton congregation and we trade every year as to the times we go to church. The first group goes from 9-12 and the next group from 1-4. So starting at the beginning of this year, we now go in the morning and it has been fabulous! Each Sunday we have come home from church and after we eat I have been able to take a nap for a few hours while the babies nap and Scott and the boys have their bonding time:)! This may seem like no big deal to some people, but considering I never get enough sleep, these Sunday afternoon naps have been amazing!! I also love having more time after church to eat dinner together, read scriptures, and relax together as a family. The Sabbath Day has now reclaimed it's spot as truly "the day of rest" for me. I love Sundays!


3 comments:

  1. They look so grown up in their white shirts and ties!
    I am going to have to talk to Adam about Sunday afternoon naps! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie, it is so funny. Since we started morning church, I have not missed one Sunday for a nap. I can't believe how much I enjoy Sundays so much more when we have early church.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a great picture! There's just something about the guys in white shirts and ties...

    ReplyDelete