Saturday, July 4, 2009

Feeling Sentimental....Pre-Birthday Celebration...

I am feeling very sentimental as I think about Tanner and Logan's upcoming birthday. Next Wednesday, July 8th, they will be 5 years old! I know this sounds like such a chiche, but it really has flown by...it seems like just yesterday they were born! Their birth was such an exciting time that brought so many changes and joys to my life. I put a picture on of me almost exactly 5 years ago...it was taken just a couple days before I delivered. Man was I huge and uncomfortable...and it was so hot! Tanner and Logan's delivery was incredibly hard...22 hours of labor, lots of little things that went wrong, and just lots of pain involved! (Mallory and Preston's delivery by contrast was such a breeze!)... Anyways...I also put on a picture of me with them when we came home from the hospital. They were so cute and tiny! Don't let my smile in that picture fool you...The day of that picture, I remember non-stop crying from the hormone drop, major lack of sleep, and just general overwhlemed-ness:)....but it has all been so worth it! I love my little boys and all the joy they have given me this past five years! Today we were outside and I was just watching them play and thinking about them turning five. I started to tear up as I thought about the love I have for them and how much they have grown and changed in five short years.

Each year I write a letter to my kids on their birthday recapping the highlights of the year, telling of all their new and exciting accomplishiments and milestones, and just generally expressing my love to them. I save all the letters and am going to give them all the letters at once on their 18th birthday.

Last night we had pizza and cake and celebrated the boys birthday early with my parents since they won't be here on their actual birthday. So here they are with their birthday cake.





2 comments:

  1. I could totally relate when you described how you were smiling in that one picture, but how you really cried all day from all the emotions. Man, I remember that so well. I was afraid to be alone with them. How would I handle two babies at once, by myself? I cried and cried. So funny to think back on. What a blessing we have!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe it either. I truly don't know how it happened so fast.

    ReplyDelete