Sunday, February 8, 2009

Time to Make the Valentines!

The valentine preparations have begun. I asked the boys if they wanted to make their own valentines this year or buy them (somehow I had envisioned us making homemade valentines and how cute that would be...but they chose to buy the character ones instead...go figure:) So today they did all their valentines for their preschool valentine's party coming up this week. I was impressed...they worked diligently signing their name 25 times on the cards and attaching the suckers (while snagging a few for themselves:) Fun!

For FHE this week we had a lesson about...what else...LOVE! We looked at many pictures of the Savior and talked about all the things Jesus did to show us love...then read the scripture and sang the song "As I Have Loved You, Love One Another"...then we wrote on paper hearts different ways that we can show love in our family. And of course...heart candy for our FHE treat!

Ok, so giving kids candy might not always be good for them, but heart candy has its benefits. Scott keeps bringing home bags of heart candy...and since the boys are starting to read and the hearts have only short words on them, before they eat each heart they run up to me and tell me what it says. They'll run up and say "Mom, love ya!"...or "Mom, be mine!"...or "Mom, kiss me!"...you get the idea...it's really cute:)





3 comments:

  1. How cute is that? What a fun thing for the kids. Also, who would have thought that candy can actually be educational. I wonder how much educational candy they will get on v-day? I wish I could justify chocolate being educational for me. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love seeing all the cute things you do with your kids. You really should be young mother of the year!
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I asked my little guy if he wanted to make his Valentines, too, and he opted for Transformers Valentines. Maybe boys aren't as into doilies and glitter as we are. =(

    ReplyDelete