Thursday, February 12, 2009

Kids Say the Funniest Things:)

I had to share what Tanner said today:) This morning when I looked outside and saw that it was going to be a wet and rainy day, I decided we would just stay home and clean the house...something I've been needing to do, and had been putting off. Tanner and Logan love to be my helpers...so today they helped me vacuum, mop, sweep, dust, clean bathrooms, etc. Lately I have found it harder to do things like this because the babies don't like to be confined anymore. They just cry if I try to keep them in one room or in their high chairs or something. So most of the time they just go up and down the stairs all over the house and get into everything!! Well, today, after the boys and I had cleaned the whole house, we were basking in the smell of the cleaning chemicals, and patting ourselves on the back for a job well done. The boys were so proud of themselves for being my "big helpers". No sooner than two minutes later Tanner comes down the stairs and says "Mom, I don't think we should have anymore babies! I'm going to say a prayer right now that we don't have anymore babies in our family!". I asked him why he didn't want us to have anymore babies and he said "Mallory just pulled hundreds of books off my book shelf and I just cleaned my room! The babies keep messing up everything and I'm tired of cleaning up their messes!!!" I had to laugh...it was so funny. Tanner proceeded to kneel down and say "Heavenly Father, please don't send us anymore babies"...and he was totally serious! Anyways, I thought it was funny:) It was also a great lesson for the boys because I explained that I feel like that sometimes too when I have to go around cleaning up after everyone and how important it is that we all clean up our own messes:) I always say that cleaning while my kids are awake is like shoveling snow in a blizzard...what's the point!!:)

4 comments:

  1. Amen to not cleaning while the kids are awake! I love Tanner's little prayer. ;) By the way, I totally copied your FHE about love this week. Thanks for the great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats too cute:) Tanner is like his daddy when it comes to prayer huh? Oh julie I bet you could handle another set of twins don't you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweetie. Good lesson for him to learn after working all day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Tanner....don't be a stay at home dad when you grow up!!!!

    ReplyDelete